[wp-hackers] do pages and posts make sense?

Paul Menard codehooligans at codehooligans.com
Thu May 18 23:32:08 GMT 2006

I've read through the other comments to this. I agree adding Page
categories would not seem logical.

One rider on this I would like to add however is some ability to make
Page draft. Of the 23 WordPress installations I support for clients the
biggest request seems to be 'Why can't a make the Page draft like I
can Posts?'

Seems there are many content authors who want to create the page an
save the Page for future edits but not actually publish it.

I do realize the problem however. In the wp_posts table the post_status
column values are 'static' for Pages, publish, draft or private for
Posts. I'm
sure there are other values like attachment. So would the simple
solution
be coming up with a new token? Then all of the logic changes to the core
code to support displaying or not displaying this Page.

Paul