[wp-hackers] Dashboard performance

Alf Eaton lists at hubmed.org
Tue May 9 00:39:31 GMT 2006

On 04 May 2006, at 19:07, John Joseph Bachir wrote:

> The issue of Dashboard load times while the feeds are being fetched
> comes up now and again. Couldn't this problem be fixed by putting
> certain parts of the Dashboard into an iframe?
>
> If folks are game on this solution I'll be happy to code it up and
> submit the patch.

There's another related issue which is privacy: if you're running a
private weblog that you don't want anyone to know about, it should be
possible to switch off the Technorati feeds and so on that give away
the weblog's URL. For this reason, it would be nice to be able to
optionally disable certain feeds (but probably not the main feed for
alerts of Wordpress updates).

afl.