[wp-hackers] mod rewrite problems

Stefan Hartweg stefan at hartweg.net
Thu May 4 01:33:54 GMT 2006

Sorry to bother you again guys.

I'm trying to link to an external html file from within wordpress and so far
it doesn't seem to work. By external I mean a user clicks on a link and a
new window opens, displaying the html file without the wordpress template
around it.

The html file sits in the in the plugin directory. If I use an absolute link
to the file it works, but I would like to make a mod rewrite rule to conceal
the actual url.

My htaccess file looks like this:

# BEGIN WordPress

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /digitalcamera/

RewriteCond %

{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

RewriteRule . /digitalcamera/index.php

</IfModule>

# END WordPress

I've added:

RewriteRule ^/mypage/help.php$ /wp-content/plugins/myplugin/help.php

But it doesn't work. Wordpress simply displays "404 not found" in the
content area.

Any ideas?

Steve