[wp-hackers] Regarding trailing slashes and a desire to lose them

Rob Mientjes robmientjes at gmail.com
Wed May 3 21:32:27 GMT 2006

On 03/05/06, Mark Jaquith <mark.wordpress at txfx.net> wrote:
> See this Trac ticket for some history on this issue:
> http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1485

Hm, that's some slow-moving decision-making. Thanks for that.

On this topic, Joen Asmussen had this idea that, when a page has
subpages (/about has /about/me and /about/weblog), it should be
trailing-slashed, because it is in a sense a folder. This made me
doubt many things. I believe that /about is an object (and don't
anyone start on the server side of this with some folder-redirecting
nonsense), but /about/me would be an object in an object treated as a
folder. I'm not sure how this fits into my scheme yet.

So once again, does anyone have any clueful insights into this? I like
it when the Pages and posts are being treated as objects, but want to
make sure the practice makes sense. (As usual, I will just ignore
extremism.)

Thanks!
-Rob.