[wp-hackers] Getting stuck in?

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Sun Mar 19 18:19:04 GMT 2006

On Mar 19, 2006, at 1:06 PM, Rob wrote:

> What's the policy on just fixing stuff (adding patches and whatnot)
> on Trac? Does one require a special status or something? I can't
> see anything that says so but I don't want to tread on anyone's
> toes; I've added a couple of patches lately and wanted to make sure
> I wasn't harming things.

Anyone can submit a patch.  Just don't get depressed if it doesn't
get put into core.  After adding a patch, add the keyword "has-patch"
to the ticket and maybe "needs-testing" if you think there may be
server-related or browser-related issues.  You can also put up 2nd-
opinion if it is a feature addition or if you are unsure that your
way of fixing the bug was best.

If it's a big patch that'll require a lot of work, it might be good
to get some other opinions before starting... just so you don't end
up wasting a lot of time going in the wrong direction.

--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/