[wp-hackers] wrapping localization globals into one unit

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 10:36:46 GMT 2006

On 17/03/06, Abhay Kumar <lists at abhaykumar.net> wrote:
> I understand the idea that putting all of them into one associative
> array would cut several global arrays down to one but the extent of
> change and the possible extent of widespread plugin breakage gives me
> a reason to pause.

The old globals could be kept around for backward compat, like we did
with $tablecomments; etc.

I was also thinking of using a class instead of an associative array,
perhaps integrated into gettext. It might be useful to have methods
and things. An object is just more general than an associative array.

--
-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com, http://xmouse.ithium.net