[wp-hackers] Community Views on Now and the Future

Russ Gilman-Hunt (YAR) gilmanhunt at comcast.net
Fri Mar 17 17:18:11 GMT 2006

On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 02:06:05 -0700
"Jason S." <jason at zenenet.com> wrote:

> Oh, and by the way.
> I am, however, all for an SVN commit bot, trac ticket announcements
> and such.
> So, more or less, just a trac changeset announcer bot.
> It would be the 'second' announcerbot, however, the first being wpbot
> (once known as infobot) and heralding users onjoin.

Hey, that's an idea- you mean that in #wordpress, a bot would announce
when SVN was committed, when a trac ticket was entered? How frequent
are those events? I could really see the value of a bot announcing when
someone posted to trac, forums, whatnot. Like a rss feed for the
channel. But on the other hand, if it was very frequent, it'd just
become noise.

--
Russ Gilman-Hunt
http://www.arghwebworks.com/