[wp-hackers] Community Views on Now and the Future

Les Bessant les at lcb.me.uk
Fri Mar 10 19:09:46 GMT 2006

What I think Podz is asking for is a "heads-up" post to the wp-forums list
when a new version is released. Ideally *before* it's released, so that
support forum volunteers can be aware that there is likely to be a rush of
questions about that new release. In the case of a "security fix" release, I
can understand that it's not always possible to give much notice, but the
forums list does need to be informed as soon as possible.

Support can be a rough, thankless task (I'll spare you the moans about my
day job), and it isn't made any easier when information is not disseminated.
Not all support people are monitoring trac - they're just people who *use*
WP and like to help other people who use it.

It's not unreasonable to ask for a warning or announcement. It *is*
unreasonable, in my not even remotely humble opinion, to dismiss such
requests this way.

Les Bessant les at lcb.me.uk
Losing it[1] - http://lcb.me.uk/