[wp-hackers] Community Views on Now and the Future

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Wed Mar 8 19:44:52 GMT 2006

Jefte Puente wrote:
> Matt Mullenweg wrote:
>> That said, people working on a project for fun in their spare time are
>> less likely to tolerate assholes. Life's too short.
>
> Methinks Matt is feeling abused and lashing out. Uncalled for. Back to
> lurking for me.

That wasn't about you or anyone here, if I had a specific problem with
someone I would say it, for the same reasons I appreciate skippy's
original email said "Matt" instead of abstractly referring to the
specific person he had in mind.

It was more a general observation about creating a pleasant and fun
environment for people to participate in. You catch more flies with
honey than vinegar and all that. I'm sorry if you thought it was talking
about you. By definition I would think that non-masochists continue to
participate in WordPress because they get something out of it. I think
that's different for every person, and we should encourage whatever it is.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com