[wp-hackers] Community Views on Now and the Future

Russ Gilman-Hunt (YAR) gilmanhunt at comcast.net
Tue Mar 7 20:42:14 GMT 2006

On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 19:59:00 -0500
"Robert Deaton" <false.hopes at gmail.com> wrote:
> Personally, I don't mind the way that #wordpress is for most help
> right now. Generally speaking, when someone comes in for help, most
> other people have learned to drop their conversation for a few minutes
> while that person is being helped.
(snip)

+1 from me.

Have you visited #qmail, #fedora or even #sendmail? I have. I tell ya,
trained by the chatter in #wordpress --- and the helpful people in
wordpress -- I visit them regularily when I'm stumped. But the responses
I get sound like crickets 75% of the time.

I'd vote to keep #wordpress and ignore #wp-dev or whatever. But then I
go to other departments' staff meetings to get a cross section of what
the company's doing anyway (really insightful if you're in IT and other
departments are struggling with things that are easily solved with IT).

-- Russ Gilman-Hunt
http://www.arghwebworks.com/
gilmanhunt at comcast.net