[wp-hackers] Community Views on Now and the Future

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Mon Mar 6 01:38:12 GMT 2006

David House wrote:
> It's not our fault. We're not actively discriminating against women,
> they're just aren't any around.

I would say that I have seen people, particularly in the IRC channel,
say and act in ways that I think would discourage active female
participation. However this is not behaviour specific to WP, it's more
endemic to male geek communities.

I'm sure any women on this list could speak to challenges they've faced,
and perhaps that would make people more sensitive in the future.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com