[wp-hackers] Need A Hook (or advice)

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Thu Mar 2 09:12:47 GMT 2006

David House wrote:
> On 28/02/06, Mark Jaquith <mark.wordpress at txfx.net> wrote:
>
>>There's a wp_list_pages hook, but it operates on the text output of
>>the entire function.  What I'd like eventually is to have
>>wp_list_pages pass a hierarchial array through a different filter
>>first, so you could use simple array manipulation to insert your
>>stuff, instead of search/replace.
>

> http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2328
>
> Does it for cats, a simple analogous patch would do well here.

I've been cleaning up the wp_list_*() and wp_dropdown_*() template
functions in trunk.  While we're in there, we can add filters for the
array of arguments passed to these functions, the array of
categories/pages returned from the query, and whatever other filters may
be useful.  We could even allow changing the callbacks passed to the
tree walker.

Ryan