[wp-hackers] Hello Noobie!

philip reed philipreedtech at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 17:15:45 GMT 2006

Good idea... but while you're at it, why not externalize the list of
"lyrics"/"tips"?   Then default to run off the tips file, but include
the Dolly file in the distro if anyone wants to.

Incidentally, I switched out the lyrics with Bauhaus's "The Passion of
Lovers", but that's just me....

Philip

On 6/29/06, Andy Skelton <skeltoac at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't mean to revive some old discussion about whether we should
> remove Hello Dolly from core. Opinion on that will be off-topic on
> this thread. Rather, I want to discuss an alternative set of lyrics.
>
> Replace the Broadway kitsch with WordPress tips for new users and
> activate the plugin during installation. Benefits are too obvious to
> list. If it buzzes in somebody's bonnet, deactivation is two clicks
> away. Translation will spread the benefits even wider.
>
> I've started a wiki page to collect tips:
> http://codex.wordpress.org/Tips
>
> If this page fills up with short, helpful nuggets of advice or
> information I'll remix the plugin and we can try it out on new users
> by posting a download link in the forums.
>
> Andy

Philip Reed, developer
http://rubymarket.com :: http://gbtf.org

Positronic Design  http://www.positronicdesign.com