[wp-hackers] Hello Noobie!

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Thu Jun 29 09:33:22 GMT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: wp-hackers-bounces at lists.automattic.com [mailto:wp-hackers-bounces at lists.automattic.com] On Behalf Of Andy Skelton
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 11:02 AM
To: wp-hackers at lists.automattic.com
Subject: [wp-hackers] Hello Noobie!

I don't mean to revive some old discussion about whether we should remove Hello Dolly from core. Opinion on that will be off-topic on this thread. Rather, I want to discuss an alternative set of lyrics.

Replace the Broadway kitsch with WordPress tips for new users and activate the plugin during installation. Benefits are too obvious to list. If it buzzes in somebody's bonnet, deactivation is two clicks away. Translation will spread the benefits even wider.

I've started a wiki page to collect tips:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Tips

If this page fills up with short, helpful nuggets of advice or information I'll remix the plugin and we can try it out on new users by posting a download link in the forums.

Andy