[wp-hackers] Re: wpblogmail fails when mail contact plugins present

Sam Angove sam at rephrase.net
Mon Jun 26 17:00:13 GMT 2006

On 6/27/06, Scot Hacker <shacker at birdhouse.org> wrote:

> But what's calling the Dagon plugin to begin with? Shouldn't it only
> be called when user clicks through to a page that includes a contact
> form? Same deal with PXSMail. Or are all WP plugins called on all
> page requests? (If so, that seems very innefficient - is there any
> way to suppress that behavior?)

Like David said, all plugins are *loaded*. Most plugins only register
their functions to fire on specific hooks, but there's nothing
stopping them doing more.

> > Do you still get them if you don't 'echo $header;' until *after*
> > including wp-blog-header.php ?
>
>Yep, tried that - same problem :(

Is it the exact same error? Because, FWIW, that fixes it for me.
There's nothing else being output before wp-blog-header is included,
not even whitespace?