[wp-hackers] Re: RSS Feed Full Text isn't Really Full

Computer Guru ComputerGuru at NeoSmart.net
Mon Jun 19 11:19:53 GMT 2006

Ach...
Should have searched trac (did search the support forums though :))

I have to say, I agree with this:

---------------------

I don't think the feed is exactly the machine-readable version of front
page. Feed is the syndication of the article and I think it should be no
relationship between feed and '<!--more-->' tag. I think '<!--more-->' tag
is just a way to control the presentation of the articles in the front page.
'Full text' feed should mean to display the whole content of the article and
if not, why it was called 'Full text' feed?

I really miss that functionality.
The more tag exists so that your frontpage looks pretty. Your feed is
automatically parsed on the clientside however they want it to look - so no
need for server-side intervention.

Computer Guru
NeoSmart Technologies
http://neosmart.net/blog/