[wp-hackers] Feeddemon and RSS

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Thu Jun 8 11:24:53 GMT 2006

Peter Westwood wrote:
> On Thu, June 8, 2006 12:11 pm, Podz wrote:
>> Podz wrote:
>>> FeedDemon 2.0.0.24 has this new feature:
>>> Added: Items with a comment feed show a "Subscribe to this item's
>>> comments" icon in Surfer style
>>> It checks the feed for wfw:commentRss
>>> I'm using svn code and I see no feed icon because my wp-rss2.php file
>>> has wfw:commentRSS in it. If I edit that feed to wfw:commentRss then all
>>> is well with FD. Looking around other WP blogs I see no icon for the
>>> comments feed.
>>>
>>> Maybe it needs editing? I would love to have this FD feature but I can
>>> only edit my site :)
>> Oops - I didn't mean for my convenience :)
>> Nick Bradbury is obviously going by a validator for his standard.
>>

> This is probably somewhat related to the recent /change/ to the RSS spec
> to /correct/ the wfw:commentRSS that was in the spec people implemented to
> the wfw:commentRss that was what the original author meant.
>
> See: http://photomatt.net/2006/04/15/feed-validator/ and associated links
> for more info.

I'm sure it is, and the 'Content Encoded / CDATA' thing could be rolled
into this thread. Seeing as a new version is not so far away, and seeing
as we are talking two letters, no coding, no filename changes then is it
worth doing? I posted here because other readers may offer this now / in
the future and as such why not discuss it.

And as a sidenote, Bon Echo (the Firefox 2 dev) handles feeds very
gracefully. Displays them well and also has no problem with 'feed:'

P.