[wp-hackers] Matt's site hacked?

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Thu Jun 8 07:51:54 GMT 2006

___/ On Thu 08 Jun 2006 05:48:35 BST, [ Matt Mullenweg ] wrote : \___

> David Chait wrote:
>> Hah!  if so, that's both funny and scary.  That's assuming the
>> password was truly non-trivial (i.e., wasn't something something
>> could make some educated hacker guesses at for 5 minutes and happen
>> upon it -- non-related words, symbols, numbers...).
>
> It was a pretty lame password, sorry. Sometimes I just get lazy. From
> what I can tell there were no WP exploits used, it was just the login
> form.

It is important to set a good example. *smile* If they could hack Matt, they
could hack anyone, which was unnerving for a few hours...

With kind regards,

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
  8:45am  up 41 days 14:18,  12 users,  load average: 1.69, 1.95, 1.78