[wp-hackers] anyone looked at Chameleon closely?

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Wed Jun 7 19:20:38 GMT 2006

Angsuman Chakraborty wrote:
>> Many would argue that plugins are a derived work of WP and must use a GPL compatible license
>
> derivative work is defined in copyright act. You can check it for yourself. By any stretch of definition plugins do not come under it.

Like I said, many argue differently. This is a much debated point.  A
debate over this spawned the effort in the linux kernel to do the driver
license taint checking.  Your kernel is listed as tainted if the
declared license of any driver is not GPL-compatible, IIRC, and many
linux devs refuse to assist with problems involving tainted kernels.

Ryan