[wp-hackers] Funky Four-O-Four

Brian Layman Brian at TheCodeCave.com
Wed Jun 7 14:32:41 GMT 2006

Processing....

Soooo, my 249 related 404s are ones that, for some odd reason, don't have a
parameter specified? or have an invalid parameter specified?

Perhaps the theme can't handle my customized permalink structure? Hmmm...

If that's the problem, I won't change my perma link structure again; so I'll
have to fix the code...

Processing....(thanks!)

(BTW: I chose to use the /article<postid> structure because having a
non-default permalink structure allows AWStats to track the hits to the
individual posts, and yet the SEO advantages of including the post name in
the link is probably outweighed by the fact that no one can easily copy and
paste your links in emails or posts - especially if you link long post
titles and I do. /article<postid> seemed to be a good compromise.)

-----Original Message-----
From: wp-hackers-bounces at lists.automattic.com
[mailto:wp-hackers-bounces at lists.automattic.com] On Behalf Of Sam Angove
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 10:15 AM
To: wp-hackers at lists.automattic.com
Subject: Re: [wp-hackers] Funky Four-O-Four

On 6/7/06, Brian Layman <Brian at thecodecave.com> wrote:

> Please tell me it is something simple so I can smack myself on the head
and
> put this to rest!

The .htaccess is a red herring.

single_comments.php loads wp-blog-header.php, which in turn attempts
to find content matching the request parameters. It fails and returns
a 404. A WordPress 404 page isn't returned because WP_USE_THEMES isn't
defined.

Compare:

  http://www.thecodecave.com/ ... /single_comments.php?p=152

HTH. :)