[wp-hackers] anyone looked at Chameleon closely?

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Wed Jun 7 11:01:46 GMT 2006

On Jun 7, 2006, at 6:52 AM, Computer Guru wrote:

> However, the GPL licensce makes it clear that if you write to them
> and ask
> them for the source they must make it available at no cost (they
> can go as
> far as to print it and send it to you and charge you for the cost of
> materials.. but that's extreme).

No it doesn't.  That was covered earlier in this thread.  See here
for an unambiguous answer, right from the source:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-
faq.html#DoesTheGPLRequireAvailabilityToPublic

Since this is PHP we're talking about... all code is source code.
Thus, anyone who buys their product gets the source code.  That
person can do whatever he likes with it, but neither Flip Media nor
their customers are required to give the source code to anyone.  The
GPL only states that they *may* distribute it, or modified versions.

--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/