[wp-hackers] WordPress 2.0.3 Tuneup Plugin

Computer Guru ComputerGuru at NeoSmart.net
Sun Jun 4 07:54:47 GMT 2006

I can imagine the issues involved in releasing another build, but like I
said earlier, this isn't a very big bug, and I guess there is no hurry to
get it fixed. ATM anyone that knows about the bug knows about Mark's
plug-in, so it's not as big of an issue as it seems.

But this can be seen as a good thing, I mean, we obviously have serious
issues in testing WP, and this brings them to light. This time it's a simple
annoyance bug, next time it might not be. I'm really guilty here, I've been
running SVN for the longest time, and hacking the hell out of WP, but never
reporting back, but I've resolved to change :D

There are a lot of people running the SVN as you said, but the trick is to
get them to report back. Post on the dev blog, make it clear that WP is a
community project that needs the help of everyone involved. I have been
contacted by many people that found WP bugs, but they didn't realize it.
Most geek bloggers enjoy the bragging rights that come with SVN, but aren't
comfortable with mailing lists. To be honest, WP support forums aren't the
easiest way to report bugs. Make it _easier_ for John Q. Public who happens
to run SVN or RC to report back, and that might make all the difference.

Computer Guru
NeoSmart Technologies
http://neosmart.net/blog/