[wp-hackers] Next/Previous Entries Link - 404 error

Christopher J. Hradil chradil at comcast.net
Mon Jul 24 17:58:45 GMT 2006

On a couple of sites that I have 2.0.2 installed, we've started having the
problem with the "previous entries" link at the bottom of the main/home site
page ending in a 404 error and linked to /page/2/ as discussed previously.
We haven't made any changes to the permalinks/structure, etc. We did however
change the reading options for the sites to either show "5 days only" or "5
posts only". That's when the problem started. On the sites in question we've
not previously encountered this situation.

I know this has been discussed a couple of times both here and on the
forums, does anyone know the following:
1) approx. dates of mailing list discussion of this topic so I can go
research it myself
2) is/was there a trac ticket on this issue and if so what's the #'s.
3) Short of me just removing the php for the link at the bottom of the pages
(which will do fine for my purposes with these sites) is there an easy cure
?

best.chris

Christopher J. Hradil
chradil at comcast.net