[wp-hackers] Questions about the Cache

Mark Harwood mark at phunky.co.uk
Wed Jul 19 11:04:17 GMT 2006

Hey guys, im trying to make some of my basic WordPress functions a bit
more cache friendly, but i have a feeling that because my dev server is
on a Windows box its having a bit of trouble working properly.

Can someone explain how the cahce works? i can push the data needed into
the $wp_object_cache Object with ease, but it does not seem to keep it
there.

I cant seem to figure out how to actualy save settings to the cache for
the full expire limit, it just seems to be in $wp_object_cache for the
time you init the page load.

I basicly wish to cash the full list of users on my website as i use
ther data alot and dont want to have to call MySQL everytime.

See: http://www.mem-gaming.co.uk/v2/index.php/profiles/

It takes ages to load the page and i think its down to the way i pull
out the userdata as a whole.