[wp-hackers] delete_user action hook

Christopher J. Hradil chradil at comcast.net
Tue Jul 18 02:49:32 GMT 2006

Quote:
"LMAO.... you need to read this then: http://neosmart.net/blog/archives/190

I totally agree with you (Y)"

That's a really well written post. I'm going to pop a comment on there later
if/when I have some time. It's clear you've got a good understanding of how
the "business" end of things work in the tech world sometimes. I agree with
many of your points on the backwards compatibility issues. MS (which is a
whole different subject, and as I mentioned, I'd like to post a comment on
that later, but not here), has clearly made a number of mis-steps both in
terms of how they've dealt with their desktop OS, as well as development
platforms/server systems.

Anyway, in relation to WP, I'd think that worrying about being 'backwards
compatible' isn't nearly as important as doing something the best way
possible. The fact that WP is a 'community' based and supported product
liberates us to a great extent from needing to worry about much else than
doing things the best way they can be done. Following this thread from the
beginning, really illustrates quite clearly the point that everyone here
puts a good deal of thought and consideration for future impact into every
detail, as much as possible, so thanks ! I think that kind of effort should
be commended, and is a good part of what makes WP so great.

...chris

Christopher J. Hradil
chradil at comcast.net
http://www.hradil.us