[wp-hackers] IRC Problems

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Mon Jul 17 16:59:52 GMT 2006

Matt Mullenweg wrote:
> Anthony Cole wrote:
>> I know this has been beaten to death time and time before, but
>> something needs to be done about this once and for all. The wordpress
>> irc channel is a trivial part of the wordpress community.
>
> On the social side, however, I agree. io_error seems like a good
> candidate for an op on the channel, I'm open to other suggestions. 3
> regulars seems like a good number.

This sounds like a good idea. We need to ensure this covers all
timezones effectively.  I am quite willing to step up to the task if
other do not want the responsibility, and would second the nomination of
ioerror, -  I have recently returned to spending more time in channel
after regaining ssh access to my server from work.

> I think people who are ops should only "op themselves" when needed to
> not create a hierarchy in the channel, which is the core of what has
> been characterized as my no-op bias.

This is definetley necessary to maintain the friendly feel of the channel.

westi
--
Peter Westwood
http://blog.ftwr.co.uk