[wp-hackers] Close old comments and pingbacks: feature or plugin?

Brian Layman Brian at TheCodeCave.com
Fri Jul 14 16:04:00 GMT 2006

>I've had only one spam message out of 2,335 actually show up on my blog
I've had two slip through to the blog and two get into the moderation Q this
month.  I had at least 1 before that.

Akismet has largely been effective.  But I'm still running low under the
spammer radar with only 308 caught since March.  I've disabled the referrer
filtering in the .htaccess and it has increased the spam but not by that
much.  Referrer filtering worked well through last year but I think it is
well past its heyday.