[wp-hackers] updating guid when changing permalinks

John Joseph Bachir jjb at ibiblio.org
Sat Jul 8 21:50:45 GMT 2006

On Sat, 8 Jul 2006, Matt Mullenweg wrote:

> John Joseph Bachir wrote:
>> Here's my solution for the Lyceum GUID problem.
>>
>>   http://source.ibiblio.org/trac/lyceum/changeset/879
>>
>> Is this effective for WordPress' use of GUID?
>
> A public URL is, by definition, globally unique. I don't see any compelling
> reason to change what we do, we already indicate not to use it as a permalink
> in the feed.

Something interesting to note is that WP _does_ use GUID to identify the
path to files. So if anything other than a GUID is used for files, images
will not work. Is this valid use of GUID in this case?

John
----
aim/yim/msn/jabber.org: johnjosephbachir
713.494.2704
irc://irc.freenode.net/lyceum
http://lyceum.ibiblio.org/
http://blog.johnjosephbachir.org/