[wp-hackers] Replacing Hooks/Functions

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Mon Jul 3 20:27:25 GMT 2006

Instead of changing a filter, I want my plugin to replace a core WP function.

I’m not “deep” into WP plugin writing, so bear with me if this is obvious:

For example, I want to replace the_content() with my own function. If I add my function as a filter, it will take the data the_content returns and work on it.

But I need to replace the_content itself…

Any advice on how I would go about doing that without changing the core WP files (i.e. via a plugin)?

Many thanks,

Computer Guru

NeoSmart Technologies <http://neosmart.net/>

http://neosmart.net/blog/