[wp-hackers] 2.0 trackback issues progress?

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Mon Jan 30 08:02:19 GMT 2006

On Jan 29, 2006, at 4:04 PM, Podz wrote:

> forsale at imaginekitty.com wrote:
>>   A trackback and a
>> pingback causes the trackback to fail.
>
> Agreed - ping works, TB does not.

I've been testing on a PHP as CGI environment (Site 5) with the
latest SVN as of the writing of this e-mail.

I wrote a series of posts each with one trackback and one pingback
(to two different posts on a different server).

I had cases where:
- both worked
- only the pingback worked
- only the trackback worked

I did nothing different... and I would randomly get one of those
results.  Of note:  I never could get it to happen that neither
worked... at least one of them always worked.

I then did another test, with 4 pingbacks and one trackback.  3 of
the 4 pingbacks went through, and the trackback did not go through.

Next, I did a test with 4 pingbacks (no trackbacks).  3 out of 4 made
it through (different 3, though).  Repeat of the test yielded 2 out
of 4 pingbacks making it through.

The posts' "pinged" column is acting strange... URIs that were
successfully pinged are sometimes not showing up.

Post metadata is empty, even though some of the _pingme should still
be there (as the pingbacks didn't go out properly).

I'm going to bed before I scratch my eyeballs out.  Hope this info
helps someone.

--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/