[wp-hackers] Feed consumption via search [was] "Need more RSS hooks"

Stewart Ugelow stewart at ugelow.com
Fri Jan 27 20:29:37 GMT 2006

On 1/26/06, Robert Deaton <false.hopes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Syndication feeds are
> meant to be fetched by a feed aggregator, read by the software, and
> shown to the user, not displayed like a webpage in a browser.

For what it's worth, I'm seeing an increasing number of feed links
show up as search results in Google recently. (See the second entry if
you google "wordpress support thread feed plugins" for an example.)
Don't know if this is a google issue, a robots.txt issue or what not,
but I don't think its safe to assume that people will only encounter
feeds via aggregators anymore.

--Stewart

--

Stewart Ugelow