[wp-hackers] Need more RSS hooks

Elliotte Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Fri Jan 27 16:24:51 GMT 2006

Denis de Bernardy wrote:
> one thing that bugs me with styling the rss is that Firefox devs happily
> dismissed a bug when it comes to xslt parsing.
>
> http://www.semiologic.com/2005/05/15/firefox-xslt-bug/

They're right. You're wrong.

Sorry to be so blunt, but this is not a bug. If there's a bug here, it's
the attempt hide markup in a CDATA section.

According to the spec, "An XSLT processor is not required to support
disabling output escaping....Since disabling output escaping may not
work with all XSLT processors and can result in XML that is not
well-formed, it should be used only when there is no alternative."

Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu