[wp-hackers] Failing to find wp-config.php

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 14:30:11 GMT 2006

Update: That is NOT a reliable method of setting ABSPATH because it
breaks wp-admin. ABSPATH must be hardcoded for the blog to start to
work. Any other place __FILE__ is used will still be broken.

Their server is a Sun running php 4.2.3. There is a serious bug with
__FILE__ on that platform, wherein that magical constant does not
include the absolute path when located under ~. It has been reported
to work correctly under the Apache root. I think it is unreasonable to
require WordPress to work around that bug.

http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=13936
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=27823

I don't intend to work any longer on this bug.

Andy