[wp-hackers] how to create separate search function?

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Sun Jan 22 14:34:18 GMT 2006

Stefan Hartweg wrote:
> What I'm wondering now is how to write a separate search plug in or create a
> hack (should I reuse some of the existing search functionality, etc) and
> more importantly how to INTEGRATE such a plugin/hack, as I don't think there
> will be an existing hook I can call such a plugin through?

Create a new page template that implements your specialized search based
on receiving values as $_POST or $_GET values as required.

Create a page that uses that template.

Create a form that sends the search query to the page you've created.

Avoid using fields in your form that WordPress uses to display posts,
like "name" or "page"

Owen