[wp-hackers] Filter requests

David Coppit david at coppit.org
Mon Jan 16 03:23:12 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I've updated my "Category Access" (was "Category Limit") plugin for WP2.
The plugin hides categories and posts for categories for which the user
does not have permissions to view.

AFAICT, there are a couple details I can't easily handle right now:

- wp_get_archives doesn't have a hook for me to fix the count. For
   example, if a month has 20 posts, but 4 are inaccessible, I'd like to
   reduce the post count to 16.

- posts_nav_link puts a next page link on a page for which all the posts
   have been hidden. Tracing it a bit, it looks like is_single might be a
   good place to tweak things, but I don't see a hook to do so.

I think I need a couple filters, although I have to confess that it's not
perfectly clear what I really need.

Thanks,
David

David Coppit                           david at coppit.org
The College of William and Mary        http://coppit.org/

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research,
would it?" -- Albert Einstein