[wp-hackers] Ditch RDF and RSS 0.92

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 12:31:51 GMT 2006

On 15/01/06, Roy Schestowitz <r at schestowitz.com> wrote:
> You must ensure that you do not break people's links. When it comes to
> feeds, people are lazy and careless. They would possible neglect to update
> URL's in their feed reader.

We could redirect both to wp-rss2.php. I'd much rather have two
obsolete redirects hanging around than two obsolete files hanging
around that have to keep being updated every time we make a relevant
API change.

Every client nowadays supports RSS2 and Atom. Redirecting from
RDF/RSS.92 -> RSS2 would be harmless, in all likelihood.

--
-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com, http://xmouse.ithium.net