[wp-hackers] Wordpress 2.0 trackback issues

Sebastian Herp newsletter at scytheman.net
Wed Jan 11 21:30:47 GMT 2006

The problem is not with execute-pings.php. The problem lies in the
function that calls this script. If you have a row in your
wp_posts-table where "to_ping" has some faulty data in it, the function
hangs in an endless loop and never executes the trackback (calling
execute-pings.php) ... you can see this in your webservers logfile.

The problem is described here:
http://blog.serv.idv.tw/2005/12/29/380/
and here:
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/54145