[wp-hackers] top-posting info

John Joseph Bachir jjb at ibiblio.org
Fri Jan 6 20:57:36 GMT 2006

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006, Andy Skelton wrote:

> This isn't boot camp or grade school, we can talk to eachother off-list
> without fear of the drill seargent or the teacher.
>
> If you politely reply to the sender of whatever message offends your
> formatting sensibilities, you can accomplish your goal without public
> humiliation or wasting everyone's time.

It's possible, but it doesn't seem to be happening, or if it is, it's not
effective. The last time this was brought it it wasn't done in a very
friendly manner, and many people still top-post, either because they
weren't Converted, or they didn't read those messages.

What you say about "sensibilities" is actually what I'm getting at...
right now the issue comes off as a personal sensibilities issue, a quirky
email war that surfaces every few months... What I am suggesting is that
the administrators of this list articulate a casual, friendly,
informative, approachable, and (thankfully) unenforceable anti-top-posting
policy.

Just an idea... :)

John
--