[wp-hackers] comment management

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Wed Jan 4 20:40:45 GMT 2006

Scott Merrill wrote:
> Owen Winkler wrote:
>> A small wishlist of related feature improvements:
>
>> * Highlighting new comments since the last time you saw the moderated
>> comment listing.
>
> Use a cookie to store the highest comment ID last seen?  I don't want to
> re-open the "cookies are bad" argument, thoguh.

Sounds like a good use for user-meta to me. This should be doable as a
plugin...

>> It would be cool if users with moderate_comments capabilities could see
>> all of the comments (moderated or no) directly on the site under each
>> post, and could click on something in the comment itself to approve it
>> via Ajax.
>
> That would be cool!

Yeah, that would definitely rock. It would be a really cool feature for
a theme to have :) Again, it could probably be done as a plugin, but it
would require some work to make it play nice with arbitrary custom themes.

--
Dougal Campbell <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/