[wp-hackers] 2.next simpler - revolution

Stefano steagl at people.it
Thu Feb 16 18:43:00 GMT 2006

I think this proposal won't be very popular, but.. :)

After quite 2 months i can say that on italian forum and on italians
blog the judgement for the RTE and File manager is not really high,
people complain about weakness, slowness, limeted functions etc about
this.

Some are going to use different editors and I personally tested
ChenPress Plugin (based on FCK 2.0 I think) and Imaga Managr plugin
(http://soderlind.no/ImageManager) and i can say that they looks
better and more usable particualry the secodn one that allow some pict
management and a better navigation system on uploads directory.

I personally still use classic editor and using the uploader really
few times it's not so bad even if interface should be surely improved.

I didn't read to much here about that part and maybe a discussion
should be necessary to write down future of RTE and Image Manager
improvements or, and this its a bit crazy and surely unpopular idea,
take another way no aiming o another editor and a better image
manager.

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it