[wp-hackers] Inline documentation

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 13:46:09 GMT 2006

On 2/16/06, Abhay Kumar <lists at abhaykumar.net> wrote:
> Are we splitting this up in some sort of clear fashion?

Yes we should be.
Issues remaining are:
1) Writing a howto or a standards document describing followed norms
and standards
2) Choosing the doc format/tool to use - phpDocumentor seems to be the best bet
3) Creating an svn repo for this effort - Can Matt/WP.com help with
hosting this?
4) Choosing a project lead/coordinator - Mark (txfx.net) - are you up
for it? Other volunteers?

> I suggest a wiki page with the entire file list.
Can use a seperate trac instance for creating the documentation on its
associated wiki.

Now is the time to encourage this effort - while it still has some steam :)

Carthik.
> - Abhay
>
> On 2/16/06, Andy Skelton <skeltoac at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I hope nobody minds my saying that this thread is a shining example of
> > community effort. Excellent work, all!
> >
> > To add my two cents, I'll say that the ZDE has done wonders for the
> > way I work with PHP code and I recommend buying it if you can justify
> > the cost. I look forward to seeing function specifics pop up when I'm
> > typing WordPress functions in the editor!
> >
> > If anyone writing comments finds some code they can't decypher or
> > needs help explaining something, send me a note off-list and I'll see
> > what I can do to help.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Andy
> >

> --