[wp-hackers] Filter Hooks for Enclosures

David Chait davebytes at comcast.net
Wed Feb 15 19:58:26 GMT 2006

+1

I mean, if we aren't supposed to be looking where we can usefully apply
pre-existing, tested open-source code to enhance WP, just because existing
code is (potentially) smaller or faster, then using Magpie (and Snoopy!),
TinyMCE, dbx, Squirrel's pop3, Inutio's xmlrpc, and other libs sure have
been bad choices! ;)

I don't think I had realized (until I just looked) how many big chunks of
'third party' code we rely upon...  And some cool stuff!  I doubt plugin
writers (like myself) truly know more than a fraction of what power is under
the hood of existing code.