[wp-hackers] Data recovery (post_status?)

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 10:11:32 GMT 2006

On 11/02/06, David Chait <davebytes at comcast.net> wrote:
> Agreed.  And, with the move to make more things varchar for extensibility,
> here's a vote to move post_status away from being an enum.
> post_status=='trash' would probably do fine for this.  or ".trash" (would be
> nice to have a convention for hiding certain status 'classes' from the
> normal view queries without explicitly listing the states to exclude...).

Problems here:

* We lose all indication of what the post/comment/user etc was before.
If you delete a draft then restore it it should restore to a draft,
similarily with posts
* post_status only covers posts, we'd need an analoguous column in
wp_comments and wp_users if we were to push ahead.

Personally, I'm a fan of prepending some character that doens't
normally appear in slugs, like a period.

--
-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com, http://xmouse.ithium.net