[wp-hackers] Category Operation (Adjacency vs. Modified Preorder)

Christopher Johnson agent_eight at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 9 18:38:10 GMT 2006

Had anyone ever considered using a modified pre-order tree to store the post
categories in? I realize it would mean rewriting several large swaths of
code in addition to a tool to convert adjacency<->tree.

With all the posts and plugins I've seen relating to filtering and/or
excluding posts by category ... it would seem that a modifed preorder tree
would not only simpify queries but would be more "read" efficient. Had this
ever come up?