[wp-hackers] Documentation on the caching functions?

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Thu Feb 9 18:19:43 GMT 2006

Viper007Bond wrote:
> Thanks, but I was looking for something a bit more elegant.
>
> I mean, I'm not really looking for a quick and dirty hack here. I know
> what I'm doing when it comes to WordPress plugins, so it's not like
> coding this up will be hard by any means. I just don't know how to use
> the new caching functions (parameters and such) and thought I'd ask
> before I went source reading to learn how they work. ;)

I had the same question recently. After looking at cache.php, and
associated bits of code, I was pretty sure I had the idea. I emailed
Ryan, and he confirmed that pretty much all you need are the
wp_cache_set() and wp_cache_get() functions. Message attached.

--
Dougal Campbell <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/