[wp-hackers] WP as CMS examples

Alex King lists at alexking.org
Wed Feb 8 22:53:49 GMT 2006

On Feb 8, 2006, at 1:57 PM, JARRET NETSPC wrote:
> Why would you not want WP updating the mod_rewrite rules?

Because the automatically written rules were breaking - they weren't
really intended to handle my link structure:

/pagename - page
/pagename/pagename - page
/blog/ - blog
/blog/YYYY/MM/DD/postname - blog post
/blog/categoryname - blog category

A /pagename and a /blog/categoryname of the same name (for example: /
features and /blog/features) would cause conflicts (and there were
some other related issues I don't recall anymore).

Manually handling the rewrite rules solves this nicely.

Cheers,
--Alex

Personal             Business               FeedLounge
http://alexking.org  http://kingdesign.net  http://feedlounge.com