[wp-hackers] Simplicity in 2.next

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Wed Feb 8 07:42:34 GMT 2006

Ryan Boren wrote:
> After announcing, attentive plugin authors will have the opportunity to
> add compatibility to their plugins.  Plugins that are not fixed by the
> author after a certain time will be fixed by a gardener prior to release
> so that the user isn't left with broken bits.

Or better yet, we have everyone's email (SSO with wordpress.org) so why
not just ping them directly and only make a change if they're MIA.

It would also be great to have the XML-RPC api call that showed plugin
usage so we could have real stats on what plugin to prioritize.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com