[wp-hackers] Simplicity in 2.next

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Tue Feb 7 21:38:22 GMT 2006

Robert Deaton wrote:
> On 2/7/06, Podz <podz at tamba2.org.uk> wrote:
>> Stewart Ugelow wrote:
>>> At the risk of naievete, is there any reason that hosting on
>>> wp-plugins.org and some form of official plugin testing must be one
>>> and the same?
>>>
>>> Why not simply have a testing site where plugin authors can upload
>>> their code and where plugin users can visit to see the results?
>>>
>> That's how I see it, and I cannot see a sensible reason why that cannot
>> happen.
>
> There still has to be manual intervention, which is something some
> people above were complaining about. Malicious code of any sort would
> have to be cleaned out, obfuscated or not, which requrires serious
> manual intervention and many man hours.

I knew that would get a response :)
It can't happen then can it ?
I saw Ryan's goal as being to assist in support and I'm sure that is a
shared view here but as he stated in his initial email without a common
repository the task would be very hard indeed.
Maybe the topic should stop ? Or is there a decent way forward ? The
credit and site traffic for plugins matters not right now, the process
does but without a process it can't happen...

P.