[wp-hackers] Simplicity in 2.next

Stefano steagl at people.it
Tue Feb 7 11:42:09 GMT 2006

Il Mon, 06 Feb 2006 13:27:32 -0800, Ryan Boren <ryan at boren.nu> scrive:

>> For the next version ? Test the hell out of the upgrade - there are an
>> awful lot of people who experienced problems in this upgrade and the
>> WSOD as mentioned here before hasn't helped.
>
>Were there any upgrade problems not attributable to a plugin?  Every one
>I saw was attributable to a plugin that tripped over 1 of 2 small fixes
>that broke some expectations.

I agre, maybe would be a good choise have a set of popular plugins and
themes with a sort of "WP Qaulity Products" ribbon, that get more
visibility on wp.org. This "ribbon" will be given to themes and plugis
that authors agree to deeply test against new release before they goes
public.

This will assure people that this plugins will works flawlessy. Asking
for support should decrease a bit, and in a couple of release these
plugins will become quite "standards" for people, making them having
no o little trouble, less trfic to forums, and plugin developers happy
for the visibility theyr products have.

At the end i prefere to have a good strong, safe, single plugins for
exmple grvatars than 5 plugins quite similar and boken 3 out 5 at
every release

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it