[wp-hackers] Simplicity in 2.next

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Mon Feb 6 22:35:00 GMT 2006

Craig wrote:
> So by testing plugins on wp-plugins.org, is this not setting up a defacto
> set of official plugins since such a large number of plugins are hosted
> elswhere, esp. on the authors' own sites? I suppose this might help
> encourage folks to move their plugins to the repository, but I'm sure that
> lots of plugin writers rather enjoy the traffic their site gets as a result
> of their work.

I'd say it's a place to start if nothing else. If it works out that
these blogs are worth the work then plugin authors could be asked - or
users be asked - to send the plugin for testing ?

What about they have a link at wp-plugins.org which goes to their page
for the actual code / info / post etc ? That way they get the credit /
traffic and also are seen in what could be the 'main location'. That's
close to what FF has ?

P.